[NOTE: Due to work, I am unable to do a Weekly Contest for this week. Our next contest will start August 14]
It’s time for another baseball contest.
This coming Monday, August 5, there are several games. Two games will be the subject of this Weekly Contest:
Game 1: Washington at San Francisco
Game 2: St. Louis at Los Angeles
Up for grabs is our weekly contest prize of a pair of real red and white chips from a real Las Vegas casino.
MAKE YOUR ENTRY
This weekly contest is very simple. List the number of runs that each team will score.
Your entry should look something like
W 2, SF 3, SL 2 LA 3
2, 3, 2, 3 (If this is your entry, the order of teams will be Washington, San Francisco, St. Louis, Los Angeles)
Your entry will be scored according to the following for each team:
- Perfect Score
- 10 points
- -1 point for each runoff (it is possible to have negative points)
- 2x penalty deduction (for that team) for going over
- 2x bonus for perfectly predicting BOTH teams in one game.
Max possible score is 80 points for correctly predicting all four team’s scores.
The entry with the highest point total will win.
Tiebreaker for tied entries after above scoring:
- Ties will be compared using game 1
- Picked the winning team by assigning a higher run total to the actual winning team for game 1.
- +1 point
- If still tied, go to game 2
- Picked the winning team by assigning a higher run total to the actual winning team for game 2.
- +1 point
- If still tied, then tie-breaker 3
- +1 point for correctly picking both winning teams in games 1 and 2.
- If still tied, then coin flip.
In the event that you make similar entries to a prior entry, then the later entry, as determined by the time stamp, shall have 1 run added to each score until the entry is a unique entry. For example, if there are two entries that have 1,2,1,2, then the later entry shall become 2,3,2,3 at the moment the contest closes, but prior to scoring. If the resulting entry is not unique because there was already an existing entry with the same scores, then the same entry shall become 3,4,3,4, etc, until it is unique.
So if you do not want your entry to be involuntarily changed, be sure to look at the other entries to make sure you are not copying anyone else’s entry, especially if you use a very obvious entry.
Remember that if you have not made an entry, we filter first comments for spam. After we approve your first comments, your subsequent entries and posts will appear immediately.
Posted in: Weekly Contest